Wednesday, October 9, 2013

When Rivers Burned Award Winner and KidsFaithGarden Post

Awards
After a summer break, I'm back with some wonderful news. 
When Rivers Burned: The Earth Day Story won two awards, a Green Book Festival award in history http://bruceharing.brinkster.net/portal/content.asp?contentid=608 
and a Moonbeam Children’s Book Award gold medal. 

KidsFaithGarden Guest Blog
Today is a busy day for me. I'm also appearing as a guest blogger on Nicole Lataif's delightful KidsFaithGarden website with a post on using imagination to promote kindness.
http://bit.ly/1e8Z0zz. I invite you to come join the discussion! 

Finally, I'd like to leave you with this musing on fall: 

Late September
I eat lunch under the glowering skies of late September.
Silence surrounds me until
I bite the succulent flesh of a peach,
Sweet remainder of summer, releasing 
The warble of goldfinches. 
Out of the corner of my eye I catch
The flit of a wing,
But it is only a yellowed leaf twisting in the wind.
Overhead, a winter jay calls. 


2 comments:

Kimberly Newton Fusco said...

Congratulations, Linda. This is all such wonderful news!

Linda Crotta Brennan said...

Thanks, Kim!
I hope you had a great day at Lincoln School's Children's Book Festival.