Thursday, April 17, 2014

Earth Week Energy Audit

In honor of Earth Day, I'll be blogging about the environment for the coming week. 

And in the spirit of taking personal action, today I had an energy audit done on my house. 

This is a fantastic service, offered free from National Grid. www.nationalgridus.com/energywiseri 

For two and a half hours two men went through my house. They tested airflow with this impressive contraption. 
They checked my insulation, pipes, and ducts.
 
They changed lightbulbs and tested the efficiency of my refrigerator.

When they were done, they drew up a Home Energy Action Plan, showing me how I could add insulation to prevent heat loss. 
National Grid even offers incentives to help with the installation costs. 

Next winter I'll be warmer and use less energy. What could be better than that! 


1 comment:

laura said...

That is so cute, I would of never thought of that. I am definitely making me one or maybe a few! Lol