Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Women of the Golden State

I opened my mailbox and what was inside? The advance copy of my latest book, Women of the Golden State: 25 California Women You Should Know. It was so exciting to hold this first copy in my hands. I waved down the neighbors driving by, bursting to share my news.
The cover announces that the book was written by Linda Crotta Brennan and others--this was a collaborative effort. I wrote three of the biographies in the book, Dian Fossey: Protector of the Mountain Gorilla, Dorothea Lange: Changing the World Through Photography, and Maud Younger: Millionaire Waitress.
You can find out more about Women of the Golden State, and the other titles in the American Notable Women Series at the Apprentice Shop Books website, http://www.apprenticeshopbooks.com

2 comments:

Joyce Ray said...

Happy Day, Linda! It's a terrific book! Glad to be one of your "others."

Linda Crotta Brennan said...

I'm delighted that you were part of this project, too--your bios were great. Will I see you at the brunch?